Thursday, July 2, 2015

Praise God From Who All Blessings Flow...


                                              Praise God From Who All Blessings Flow...
                                                                            by
                                                            Mark William Darus (seriously, I'm but a typist, and in all honesty, not a very good one...

                                            Play this redone Classic as you read this, if you'd be so kind.
                                           Praise God From Who All Blessings Flow....
                     

               For some reason while at work tonight i began thinking about Brooklyn Memorial United Methodist church, the church of my youth. For some  reason, i felt a sense of melancholy as mind drifted backward across many decades. My thoughts, other-directed, running in so many directions i nearly became overwhelmed by the sheer force pushing them and nearly placing my seriously battered Mitsubishi Towmotor into  caressing a wall at 1 MPH. (yeah, 1, one, Uno, ) Granted, Kissing the wall behind the bank of pre-WWII Acme-GRidley's, going further into the Hydromat machine areas, such low-speed slidings occur on a regular basis. As long you don't hit a machine or CoWorker, it's all good in the Hood.

               My mind began replaying songs I sang in  BMUMC's Youth Choir, later, the Adult Choir, eventually culminating to a Sunrise Service that our Youth Fellowship did twice before the congregation, at their request.  We created a Passion Play singing,  with piano accompaniment from a highly gifted/talented man,  using songs from both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar.   Wow, was that really 38 years ago? I was 14 then,.. All bright-eyed and bushy tailed, energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic...

            52 for a few more weeks. Oddly, i don't feel that old at all. i think i know why this is so.

           Bare with me, gentle reader:  kick your seat back, take a sip of wine, don't let your popcorn burn the inside of your microwave...



             I have always been of the belief that we only Downward age, become  truly OLD, tired and feeble in Mind and Soul, when nothing beautiful, unique, bizarre, captures the very sense of Awe in witnessing those. We were given, since our birth,  a divine blessing, when the gift of sight, sound, smell and feeling was Brand New to us. Didn't we then suck everything up like Moses  walking  the desert plains  finding a water source?  And did not you grow with each event you took into your mind, memory, heart and soul?

           So let me ask you this: At what point did you stop seeing beauty, hearing sincere laughter, relishing the smell of fresh baked bread with buttery top? When did you allow yourself to lose touch with the wonder of everyday enlightenment granted each and everyone of us while our eyes are open, ears always taking in even when asleep, nostrils catching air that our tongue give us taste?

         i AM GUILTY OF THIS!! Christ knows I wandered decades ago and stupidly thrusting my ass into a Soul Eclipse that had me see nothing wonderful, amazing or precious even as my daughters were growing. I so then easily drank the Guyana Grape Koolaide and sucked in the media's desire to show nothing good, precious, pretty in this life.  I ruled these streets for years, still loving Jesus, just somehow missing the connection as either trains, planes, ships or the fuckin' bus was missed by me.

           "WE'RE HERE LIVE ON THE CORNER OF EAST 55TH AND EUCLID WHERE A SHOOTING JUST OCCURRED." The pretty blond on screen speaks as camera shows her smiling before all, hair swaying gently in a breeze from right to left, sometimes landing on the  royal blue dress that flatters her figure.


       "A carbomb detonated in Belfast today, killing 28 and injuring 50 others."  a heavy accented man cries out...

                   "Watch out for Killer Bee's in your neighborhood!!! These bees, other called: Africanized bees are highly agressive and can be lethal!"

                      I'm sure you get my point,

                So easily are we to swept away in bad currents flowings and  become negative, yet we so eagerly, wantingly wish  to share these down-thoughts with others.  Perhaps hoping, desiring their DArkness to match us, meet us. Misery loves company, does it not? ((( SO DON'T YOU EVER LET ANOTHER BRING YOU DOWN!!!!  )))

                     If you have a love of life, ANY  passion beating in your chest and mind/soul, a crooked smile tossed at one slipping on icy pavement and their sustaining balance after several moments, for the walker- sheer panic nailing them and your tossing fist to heavens, undoubtedly nailing cars cieling while yelling "YEAH!" when he strolled toward car, not falling.

                Standing in a shopping line at the Giant Eagle on Pearl Rd in Middleburg hts, , I was behind a woman in a beautiful floral-patterned dress. Her long, incredibly lovely brunette locks , coursing over well toned shoulders flowing down to shapely legs. . High cheeks, strong facial features, soon lost composure as she  began firing enormously loud and extremely odoriferous sharings...

         "V----RUMPH! VVVVVVVVV-RRRRRRRRRRU-----UMPH! " Sound immediately hitting ears and smell quickly nailing nostrils of all those in the 5, maybe 10 foot circumference from bottom-zero.

         I watched her when this happened, her face not looking nearly so confident, secure. Her eyes darting from right to left as if trying to mate with mind to elsewhere make needed excuse to cover, and sorry to say this pun, cover her ass.

            What did I do?

         I was directly  behind, well, her behind,  when it fired things for an incredibly long time.  Keep this in mind: I know so many sisters and brothers with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I've shopped, stopped and waited patiently with them for theirv cramps to subside, fade away and such.  And why am I one of the only of Jesus's children to share this for others understanding?

           Okay, what did you do, A-hole????

            "I'm ----- sooooo ------- very-------sorry!!!" she spoke in wavering and lost tone,  her blue eyes creasing into slits, tears welling up in them. Lips ends descending downward toward FrownVille.

          So many in audience spoke.

           "dang, Bitch! You smellz az bad az a SHEEE-Kah-GOOOO stockyard in highz Auuuuu-guZZZT!" a highly creative and quickly leaving man states to his woman. She quickly states: Fucckkaaaah, I be a nursing assistant! We smells shit every mother loving day! You needs to get a job, serious. Asshole!!!!"

            An exquisitely well clad female in Michael Kors gear, sporting long, finely manicured nails on both hands and feet,  opens her gaping, disgusting  mouth-trap for all to hear: " Honey, ever hear of Depends?!?!?  You should think about it. Damn! If I throw up, I am gonna spew toward you!"

           Several witnessing laughed while others looked bewildered at this womans remarks.


           Well, i did what i do: Unleash thoughts not mine, open my mouth and  be what I like to be though others would call me an asshole.  i did the me-thing, and just spoke out...

      (to the lady saying the fart lady needs Depends: "C'mon, really? You think Depends stop the sound and smell? Are you an idiot in the highest order?" Stopped a moment, stared at her blank expression and went for the Killshot:  (yeah, I said Killshot. I somehow thought I needed to go  extreme with this woman, and somehow found the strength to do so.  I went brash, filthy and disgusting on this.

              "and may I ask you where your bodily functions might create inordinate events in your life?
Ever think about that? Guess not, so walk away, meet me in the parking to chat furthers, whatever..."

             I locked eyes on the embarrassed woman with IBS and simply smiled. I said a sharing from memory with my youngest daughter every morning as I walked her down the stairs and every other step she would fart. I laughed and thanked this woman: "my youngest farted every  other step each morn while going downstairs. Thanks for reminding me how precious that is!"

              She managed a smile, nodded her head to me, and left...





                Difficult is the path that makes you see, feel and want to share with others what you find amazing, sweet and just plain  pretty.

               
           Well, It is my sincere hope you can and do this with others. Give all those you encounter positive thoughts, inspirations, hope and the sharings of gifts given you. I don't care what god they have, doesn't matter in my book. With my JC, it matters not if nonbelievers believe in Him, HE BELIEVES IN THEM!!!!!!

          -Mark William Darus
       

No comments:

Post a Comment