Friday, September 15, 2023

Nurses: part 3. When they lay they're tired heads to bed, do they pray or just cash checks?

              


                                 

                In this question  I throw out to OUR WORLD as I had asked a few Nurses I know this question doing a face to face with them a few days ago/ 


              I was surprised by some of the responses I received,  yet considering their workplaces and ratings on many a Social Media site, took me a step back in thought. 


         Mary (an LPN in assisted Living Facility with 25 years experience)  expressed this to me: "Mark, I work three to four twelves (12 hour shifts)  a day as an LPN.  My current employer is, for some reason okay with aides being late or calling off that is infuriating to me!  We , as  LPN's have to pick up their slack which my employer allows. WHAT THE FUCK!?!  

         Company thinking seems to be: 'Well, you're a nurse!  You can handle dishing out meds, change bedding and lift the fallen from the floor!  Sorry a few called off, but you BEST DEAL WITH IT!" 

          Last  night as I was working a 7pm to 7am shift, I was told to in a Text from my Boss to "TAKE CARE OF THE THINGS as 3 aides called off  and a husband of another LPN called of as her husband was rushed the hospital as he was hit by a truck..

           I texted my bitch boss the following:  So, damn sorry to hear all this. When are you coming to help me? Given what you said, I am the only Nurse having no aides  responsible for 48 patients?

          Given her response,  which blew my mind in an area I never thought conceivable , for the first time in my life I walked off a job and immediately quit!   

           Her response was: "Sorry, Mary! I really need a vaca right now, I won't come in to assist you. Just deal with it a document everything. If you need to do a double shift (that being 24 hrs worked) I will authorize that. That would be a great check Mary!"

            Perhaps highly  unprofessionally, I told her the following: "YOU STUPID BITCH! I AM RESIGNING AS OF THE VERY MOMENT GIVEN YOUR LACK OF DESIRE TO HELP ME SERVE 48  PATIENTS AS I AM ALONE WITH TO TAKE CARE OFF.  I AM ALSO NOTIFYING THE (city name removed)  FOR THEIR EMS PEOPLE TO CHECK OUT THE SAFETY TO THOSE I LEFT. "

           Mark, when I lay my head to rest for sleep,  I pray for my friends, coworkers and patients. I also pray all their pets and friends.   I also pray for my family, they really don't like me and that's okay. 

           

         I wish to thank you for giving me an avenue to speak my mind..

        Sincerely,

          Mary


         Mary, I thank you for your sharing. 

           You will not be without a job for long. NURSES ARE A RARE BREED THESE DAYS. 

            

           

  

No comments:

Post a Comment