Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wisdom. by Ryn Cricket



                                            Wisdom
                                        by Ryn Cricket

“Mom, you have to see this. Come on!” Jeremy said urgently.

I wiped my hands on the dish towel hanging from my apron string and followed him out the back door. He led me over to the chicken pen. Some of the chickens were squawking hysterically, but there on the side of the chicken coop, the rooster sat sleeping with a black, pig-nosed snake curled up next to him.

What does this mean? I said to no one in particular. And then I turned to Jeremy, “Is one of them dead?” He shook his head, but he knew that disturbing them to show me could prove fatal.

“What do you think we should do?”

“Let them sleep.” He said.

Children are wise like that.

by Ryn Cricket 01232010

No comments:

Post a Comment