Saturday, April 27, 2024

Valentines day in ScareyLand

Valentines day in ScareyLand by Mark William Darus sopnSodtre3ht03it2390u216m5 2 g h 3ug6414tc2ia 2 85fmhmt2a9877c23t · Shared with Public HAPPY VALETINES DAY TO ALL! OH MY GOD, WHAT A DAY THIS WAS WITH ME! lol. It started out like a normal Wednesday morning at work. Each of my brothers (Dan, Jeremy and Doug) working, dealing and attempting to solve whatever challenges await us. At 7AM I went to my Safety Committee Meeting, lead by our EHS supervisor Logan Steel. We, as a team, openly discussed concerns and a few improvements that have taken place in the last week or so. I love being a part of this TEAM as I feel important for the benefit of all. Well, about an hour after the meeting, I was asked for a meeting with our Plant Manager, Tim (T-BIRD) Stull to go over a few points to be shared in our monthly TOWNHALL MEETING in regards to SAFETY . (Well, a TOWNHALL MEETING is our companies way of sharing information and statuses that have occurred in roughly the last 30 days giving all employees where we stand.) While Tim and I were going over what could be presented, he asked me if I would present this info. I agreed to his request. OH MY GOD! I CANNOT BELIEVE I AGREED TO THIS! I exited the Office area of work wondering what I had just accepted. I'm a writer and like the comfort of sharing behind the scenes in the comfort of my CompyRoom. I have NEVER done public speaking before in my 61 years of life. When I came back to my Final Assembly/Honing area, a few of my brothers and sisters asked me why I was called into the Office. They thought I was in trouble for something. I told them what I agreed to. They seemed happy I wasn't in trouble. At about 10:51AM this morning, yours truly, did his first presentation before a group of a 100 plus employees after PM Tim handed me the mic. First off, I have never spoken into a PA system before and hearing voice amplified felt strange to me. I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS SCARED SINCE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.! It seemed almost surreal to me, like some bizarre dream my mind sent me into. Well, with noticeably shaking hand on mic, fearfully looking at my Work-Family, I gave the information to present. After that meeting came Lunch. I sat in my car, smoking L@Ms Turkish Blend, >and yes, we are NOT allowed to smoke on company property< I was pondering how bad I sucked. Yes, I really do not think I did that good at all. Then It occurred to me that after lunch I'd have to do it all over again for the 2nd half of our company. I then said to myself: Well, could it possibly be any worse??? JUST RELAX A BIT. I think my second time around went better, though shaky. Funny how life is. I felt today like I was learning to walk all over again. Hours later thinking about it, in my COMPYROOM, I might do better next time.... As we get older, we can all still learn something new about ourselves if given the chance. Thank you for your time, -Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment